Filing a Workers' Compensation Claim in CA
Contact our Dedicated Santa Ana Workers' Comp Attorneys (714) 909-2609
If you've suffered a work-related injury, you can file for workers' compensation to cover the costs of your injuries while you recover. It is important that you report your injury as soon as possible, within 30 days of the incident.
The claims process can be tedious and overwhelming, so consult an attorney if you need help. Our Santa Ana workers' compensation lawyers at Ufkes & Bright can provide you with hands-on guidance and work to ensure you recover the maximum compensation possible.
How to file a workers' compensation claim in California:
- Report your injury as soon as possible to your employer.
You will need to file 5 forms:
- DWC-1 claim form. Fill out and sign and date the form and return it to your employer, while keeping a copy for your own records. Your employer will fill out his or her portion and forward the form to the insurer.
- Application for Adjudication of Claim. Provide information about your injuries, medical treatment, dates of missed work, and other relevant information.
- Declaration Pursuant to Labor Code 4906(g). This form verifies that you have not submitted fraudulent information or asked any doctor or hospital to do the same.
- Document Cover Sheet. This cover sheet will be for the package of forms and documents that you are filing.
- Document Separator Sheets. You will need to place this sheet between after each of the above forms in your claim package.
- Once you submit your claim, it will then be processed by the claims administrator who will either approve your claim or deny your claim.
Having handled thousands of cases during our decades in practice, we have extensive experience negotiating and litigating workers' compensation claims. We combine big-firm results with smaller-firm service to ensure an excellent client experience alongside side effective representation.
I would highly recommend Ufkes and Bright.
“I would highly recommend Ufkes and Bright. If you want to feel comfortable, know that you are being taken care of, and are in Orange County, then this is the place to go. I love their team and how great their help is.”
From the very beginning, I was impressed by the level of professionalism & expertise.
“I'm not one to write reviews often, but I wanted to take a moment to share my positive experience with Ufkes & Bright. From the very beginning, I was impressed by the level of professionalism and expertise demonstrated by Mark, Vince, Marian, and the rest of the staff. Overall, I am extremely satisfied with the outcome of my case, and I have Ufkes & Bright to thank for that.”
Whenever I come to the office, Vincent is always very welcoming & happy to clarify my case status.
“Everyone at Ufkes & Bright is very friendly and welcoming. I am glad I came to them for my workers' compensation case. Whenever I come to the office, Vincent is always very welcoming and happy to clarify my case status. I will definitely recommend Ufkes & Bright to my friends and family.”
I was involved and kept up on all the steps of the lawsuit.
“I have had honest and open communication with Mark and his father for an industrial injury. They fought for me and won the case! I was involved and kept up on all the steps of the lawsuit. Everyone in the group was aware and there for me. They took the same interest and care of another family I referred to them. I feel they will do the greatest job for anyone with an injury.”
Hardworking, Helpful. Highly recommend.
“The best! Hardworking, Helpful. Highly recommend. Vincent is so helpful. Very informative, updated and was able to guide me through the process of everything.”