Hospital Workers and Workers’ Compensation
Attorneys Fighting on Behalf of Injured Workers in Santa Ana for Over 50+ Years!
We generally rely on hospital workers to care for us and, in recent years, there has been an ever-increasing demand for more individuals to fulfill these vital roles. In fact, it is projected to be the fastest growing sector through 2024. Unfortunately, due to the incredibly physical nature of a majority of hospital jobs, workers in this industry face a substantially higher rate of injury or illness, more so than employees in any other industry. If you are a hospital worker and suffered an injury on the job, you have a right to workers’ compensation benefits. At Ufkes & Bright, our Santa Ana workers’ compensation attorneys have been representing injured workers for over 50 years and will fight to ensure you receive these crucial benefits.
For the exceptional representation you need during this difficult time, contact Ufkes & Bright at (714) 909-2609 to request your free initial case evaluation.
Injuries Commonly Sustained by Hospital Workers
Hospital workers, such as doctors, nurses, and paramedics, to name a few, all face incredibly challenging situations due to their line of work, which exposes them to a vast number of risks on a daily basis. As a result, they frequently sustain the following injuries:
- Musculoskeletal injuries: There is a physically demanding aspect of hospital work and, as such, hospital workers are 7 times more likely to develop musculoskeletal injuries compared to those in other industries. Paramedics and nurses are particularly vulnerable to these injuries since they often have to handle patients during rescues and transfers. These types of injuries involve sprains and strains, which can range in severity and require a hospital worker to take time off to heal and recover.
- Fractures: Hospital workers are expected to work quickly and efficiently, so they are always on the move. This also makes them more prone to slip and fall accidents, which can potentially cause some serious injuries, such as fractures. Additionally, fractures can also be caused by violent patients.
- Back injuries: Hospital workers do a lot of twisting, bending, quick movements, and even heavy lifting, which can all cause back injuries. Transferring patients is not an easy task and can often require workers to rotate and flex in ways that can exert a lot of stress on the back muscles and spinal cord.
- Cuts and incisions: There is no shortage of sharp surgical instruments and needles in hospitals and hospital workers handle them on a regular basis. Even a small mistake can result in a severe cut.
- Infections and blood borne diseases: Hospital workers care for the sick, which means that they are often exposed to bodily waste, mucus, and blood. They could potentially catch a blood borne infection or disease if they have any open cuts or wounds, putting them at a high risk for contracting serious diseases such as hepatitis or HIV.
Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Santa Ana
If you are a hospital worker and suffered an injury while on the job, you might be entitled to crucial workers’ compensation benefits. Unfortunately, employers and insurance companies sometimes make it difficult for injured workers to obtain the benefits they need, despite the claim’s validity. Do not let this happen to you. At Ufkes & Bright, our Santa Ana workers’ compensation attorneys have been representing injured workers for over 50 years and are backed by a proven track record of success. Our legal team is dedicated to providing the kind of personalized, hands-on service you would receive at a small law firm while providing big firm success.
Do not leave the fate of your case up to chance. For exceptional legal representation, contact us today at (714) 909-2609 and request your free initial case evaluation with one of our knowledgeable workers’ compensation attorneys.
I would highly recommend Ufkes and Bright.
“I would highly recommend Ufkes and Bright. If you want to feel comfortable, know that you are being taken care of, and are in Orange County, then this is the place to go. I love their team and how great their help is.”
From the very beginning, I was impressed by the level of professionalism & expertise.
“I'm not one to write reviews often, but I wanted to take a moment to share my positive experience with Ufkes & Bright. From the very beginning, I was impressed by the level of professionalism and expertise demonstrated by Mark, Vince, Marian, and the rest of the staff. Overall, I am extremely satisfied with the outcome of my case, and I have Ufkes & Bright to thank for that.”
Whenever I come to the office, Vincent is always very welcoming & happy to clarify my case status.
“Everyone at Ufkes & Bright is very friendly and welcoming. I am glad I came to them for my workers' compensation case. Whenever I come to the office, Vincent is always very welcoming and happy to clarify my case status. I will definitely recommend Ufkes & Bright to my friends and family.”
I was involved and kept up on all the steps of the lawsuit.
“I have had honest and open communication with Mark and his father for an industrial injury. They fought for me and won the case! I was involved and kept up on all the steps of the lawsuit. Everyone in the group was aware and there for me. They took the same interest and care of another family I referred to them. I feel they will do the greatest job for anyone with an injury.”
Hardworking, Helpful. Highly recommend.
“The best! Hardworking, Helpful. Highly recommend. Vincent is so helpful. Very informative, updated and was able to guide me through the process of everything.”